Saturday, October 03, 2009

How to install Disqus comments into a highly customized Blogger template

Buzz this
In the past weeks I switched from Blogger comments system to Disqus. I like this service that provides (for free) a powerful and versatile comments platform, actually the best available for Blogger. In the past days some readers of my blog, that decided to pass to Disqus, wrote me saying to have encounter several problems during the integration process with their Blogger template.
In particular, comments didn't appear in their pages.
I had the same problem when I added Disqus to my template. I think the problem is due to the use of highly customized Blogger templates (for example like my template). In this case, if you encounter this problem, try to install Disqus choosing Generic code (not Blogger!) from the menu you find in Admin > Tools: